150gms Chopped butter
125gms Dark chocolate – chopped
1 ½ cup Caster sugar
1 teaspn Vanilla paste or essence
1 cup Organic plain flour
¼ cup Cocoa powder
1 cup Santaleuca Sandalwood Nuts
Icing sugar, to dust
1) Place butter and chocolate in bowl and gently heat over a double saucepan, stir until just combined – OR – can be micro waved at 20 second intervals stirring after each, it will only take approx three turns, after the third gently stir until melted and combined and set aside to cool a little.
2) Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl.
3) Add melted chocolate mixture to egg mixture and whisk until combined.
4) Now fold in dry ingredients and Sandalwood Nuts. Do Not Overbeat.
5) Pour into a lined tin, bake for 40 minutes 180C – 350F until risen slightly and just firm.
6) Leave to cool in tin for 15 minutes then lift out – with care. When cool dust with icing sugar and serve. I do find if the Brownie is left in the tin to cool completely it looses some of its moisture and tends to over cook and dries out a little too much.